Saturday, July 5, 2008

You wanna know what's exciting?!

It's 10:30 on Saturday night and I get a call from my mom. Not a completely unusual occurrence, but then I hear the "your son needs to talk to you". Anytime he's "your son" I know I need to prepare myself for something...

Will gets on the phone and all I hear in the background is my mom prompting him to begin his story with "We were at Target..." (At this point a thousand different scenarios are running through my head. He's been in Louisiana since Memorial Day and has had a relatively physically un-endangering stay with his grandparents. But that changed tonight.) Will decided to go with a different opening for the story: "Hey mommy, you wanna know something exciting?! I broke my arm." This is met with much laughter from everyone on his end.
Me: "You broke your arm? What happened?
Will:" Me and papaw were running..." More laughter from his end as papaw denies his involvement.
Me: "Maybe I should talk to your mamaw again"

So, with 6 days left at his grandparents the accident free streak has ended. Luckily it's his left arm, so we won't have to worry about eating or writing. He's pretty excited about his "picture" they gave him of his break. I'm sure that will be the first thing he shares with his third grade class in the fall. Meanwhile, I'm trying to figure out exactly what I need to do... too tired too think anymore.




update 7/6: Had a cast put on today... apparently bright purple is the only color the Dr. had available. He's just excited he can still swim while wearing it!
 src=

3 comments:

Deb said...

Ahhhh....I am sorry this happened, but it will be fodder for many good versions of this story which will evolve over the years. Memories at Mamaw's are all good ones regardless. Remember this too shall pass and he will be good as new.

The Tylers said...

Happy times at the grands. He will remember this for all times and as you know will be fine:).

Colleen said...

Broken arm stories are always great! (This coming from someone that has had 18 casts. What can I say...I am fragile.) I think Will needs a silver sharpie for some autographs on it.