Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Saturday, June 20, 2009
Thanks to a crafty break from painting, some help from the hubs, and an action packed upcoming vacation, I should knock off several more items on my list of 31.
#4 Make a piece of jewelry- scrabble tiles done!
#5 paint a room in my house- hallways are done, but if they don't count as a room, I'm still working on the loft and kitchen.
#11 learn to applique-- I'm sure it's not the way my grandma did it, but it works for me.
#24 Go to an Astros game- heading to the juice box on Tuesday!
#30 Go to Seattle- flight leaves Wednesday!
#27 plan a girl's weekend-- does it count if your husband comes along for the flight?
Ahhh the joys of summer vacation! Play along with six word Saturday:
Friday, June 19, 2009
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Don't paint at the same time as your spouse. This will result in numerous arguments about technique/errant paint/touch ups. Pick a job for each of you. The only reason we're still standing is that I tape and edge and then the Mr fills in with the roller.
Saturday, June 13, 2009
Thursday, June 11, 2009
- saying goodbye to my current class of 8th graders at their end of year celebration. They look so different all dressed up, and I love any excuse to wear the LBD!
- Chaperoning said 8th graders on the annual more flags more fun class trip. Did I mention this was the day after school let out, and we had to load buses by 6 A.M.?
- Dropping the young un off for a fun filled month with his grandparents. One request please; return him in the same condition you received him. Nothing exciting. Thanks!
- Attending a pre-AP conference that has changed. my. life. Seriously, who knew Pat Boone recorded "Enter Sandman"?
- Hiding out from a tornado in the bathroom at the ballpark... With the 2,000 other fans. Such a romantic date night with the Mr, no?
- Completely missing my bloggy birthday on Sunday. This shall be remedied!!
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
But I digress. I'm taking a class for the next 4 days. One of those 8-4 classes that start to get really tedious after lunch. Even on a full night's sleep.
Sunday, June 7, 2009
There are still a few spots remaining if you want to join the fun!
Once the truffles & holders were finished up, I whipped up some super easy gifts for my co-teachers. Target had some super cute reusable bags in the one spot that were begging for a crafty hook-up.Looking through my plethora of inspiration blogs, I found the perfect one at 320* Sycamore
*I didn't read the directions on the dark t-shirt transfers and printed the first batch out backwards*Superfabulous teacher gifts in minutes? done!