Monday, July 7, 2008

Wii Wii Wii all the way home

 src=

Much of my time the past few weeks has been devoted to getting as good as my husband at guitar hero. Probably much more time than I should ever admit to. I have come to the realization that I am not going to be filling in for Slash at any point in my future. So being of the competitive nature that I am, I had to search out another niche. I found it at 6:30 this morning: wii fit! We stopped to pick up an extra wii controller last night and were told that the local Wally World had received a shipment that they would be putting out overnight. Long story--- they didn't have the combo for the "lock box" and wouldn't be putting them out till the day manager arrived. So for the 2nd time in 2 weeks I found myself waiting in line at an unheard of hour (for summer vacation), this time in the hopes of working off some of the aforementioned peach ice cream.





I love this thing! I am the best hula hooper in the world (619 spins!) and am gaining on the ski jump title... much to the dismay of the husband. I wasn't sure how strenuous a workout with a video game would be, but I was sweating after about 30 minutes of the various programs. I'm not sure I like the running circuit, but yoga is an experience. Here's the fit fun we had tonight :)

 src=
ski jump form
 src=

walking the tightrope


 src=

it's all in the hips

The hope is Will can do these things without the risk of further bodily harm this summer. He took his marker to school today and proudly recited all the names on his cast. He even had mamaw sign on behalf of the dog :)

4 comments:

Deb said...

I have been thinking this is what we need...bowling looks fun! Ski jumping sounds fun.

I am not trying to sound dense...but wouldn't it be easier to just get a hula hoop....and cheaper, too.

Jessica said...

You look so cute playing your Wii with your camo shorts! Your poor little son, hope his arm isn't hurting too much!!

Just say Julie said...

Deb-
I can't hula hoop in real life... at least not anymore. It has been such a fun investment, we have a constant competition going to lower our "wii fit age" and beat the toher person's ski jump.

Colleen said...

Yall are like little kids. It is so cute! Hope Will does not read this site. He may come home early just to play.
P.S.- I hesitate to play the Wii for fear that my Wii age is like 82!