Sunday, March 29, 2009

We bought a bag of crap

 src=
Thrifty people that we are, the Mr subscribes to a variety of deal making websites. One of his favorites is Woot. If you're not familiar with Woot, it sells one item a day for a discounted price, until it sells out. We've seen everything from laptops to aqua scooters. But the piece de resistance is the elusive bag of crap, available only when there is a woot off. The bag of crap is the holy grail for bargain hunters. One "bag" for $1, plus $5 shipping could result in a variety of overstocked goodness. The BOC can contain any of the previously featured products and runs quite the gamut. There are entire websites dedicated to "logging in" your crap.

Maybe we'll get one of these
 src= Donald Rumsfeld Talking Action Figure $29.95

Or some of these:
 src=
Vicks Junior Thermometer $8.00

The hubs is hoping for this
 src=irobot Roomba 510 $279.00

But I'm thinking it will have one of these

 src=
Lowepro camera bag $10.00

This isn't his first BOC though, he lucked up the day after Thanksgiving during a 24 hour woot off. He waited like a small child watching for Santa, it was cute. He had an unwrapping (people post the opening of their boxes on youtube. seriously. do a search.) complete with play by play. But alas, there was no big ticket item, just a 12 pack of Southpark key chains, 2 GoDusters, a stocking and a Christmas spinner. His heart was broken :(

Let's just hope this time is better. I'll let you know when it arrives!

6 comments:

Aubrey said...

OK. THAT is good stuff. LOL Have never heard of Woot but now I am intrigued!

Colleen said...

ok...you got me all excited for Rummy and then NOTHING!! I am pumped to see what you got this time.

And I finally posted so you will stop harassing me!

jenjen said...

What a great site. I have never heard of that! How Cool!

XOXO
Jen

Christina said...

Wow! Never heard of Woot! Think I might need to check it out.

Housewife Savant said...

I'll upload video of me reading your post when you reveal the crap on youtube, complete with play by play.

Seriously; now everyone wants to know.

(I need a camera case. What do you like about that camera case?)

The Rambler said...

I'm gonna have to check that place out!! Thanks for the tip!!

Thanks a bunch for visiting me on my SITS day!

xoxo The Rambler @ My Rambling Thoughts.