Monday, February 16, 2009

How Do I love thee...

Valentine's was low key this year. In part due to the new "budget" and in part because the Mr was out of town till early evening. After shivering through the coldest baseball try-outs ever (yes CL, it was cold!!), the young un and I came home to start the decorating. He is a master with the scissors, so I promptly put him to work cutting out hearts for our garland. src=
We used the leftover scraps to make placemats, and to decorate around the room.

 src=


 src=
A few vellum quotes on my faux candles,

 src=and dinner by candle light was ready to be served.

 src=
They say the way to a man's heart is through his stomach, so I figured pizza was the way to start, courtesy of Papa Murphy's.


 src=

After pizza, we went straight for dessert. Chocolate creme brulee or heart shaped ice cream sandwiches? Both please :)
 src=
He is quite the culinary master and took over blow torch duties for the evening.

 src=

I'm so glad he's my valentine!
 src=

5 comments:

Monica said...

How sweet. I wish I had the time and energy for all that decorating. I had a tournament over the weekend. I get home and my Honey wanted to take me to dinner...but it had a 2.5 hour wait. So, we ended up at our fave hometown burger joint. It was the bomb!!!!!! Now I have the flu. Hope to get together with you guys soon.

Barely Domestic Mama said...

Looks like you had a fabulous Valentine's Day. I love all the decorations.

Columbia Lily said...

aw! So it was cold, huh? like 60? =) Just kidding..... Looks like a good dinner date, way to go! And yours is the second blog I saw with the heart shaped Papa Johns pizza on it, it must have been popular!

Colleen said...

How cute is all of that?! And I am totally taking the heart shaped pizza idea to Bro for next year!

Ashley @ Domestic Fashionista said...

Sooo cute! that food looks delish and the paper hearts are adorable! Thanks for stopping by. I actually had a fab k makeover and had said I liked your Christmas black and white header and background paper...funny. Great minds think alike huh?