Thursday, January 22, 2009

Thankful Thursday

By the time Thursday rolls around, I am worn out. And by worn out, I mean ex-haust-ed! And it usually sneaks up on me... I'll get everything planned out on Monday then BOOM- it's already lunch on Thursday. With that in mind, my Thursday thankful may sound a little strange, but without it, I would be giving up by Tuesday instead of Thursday!


Today, I am thankful for Crossfit. Yes, that's right, I am thankful for my butt-kicking, sweat creating, asthma-attack inducing workouts. It's one of those "hurts so good" experiences that makes me wish it was over, until it actually is over. I can't begin to explain the transformation I've made both physically and mentally from this program.


 src=



Physically, I've lost 15 lbs and 7% body fat in the past 12 months. I can walk up and down the stairs several times without getting winded. I can "run" my 400m in under 1:20. I can juggle kettlebells. I can do 357 Tabata reps.



 src=


Mentally, I'm more focused. I have more energy. I leave all my stress behind on the gym floor. I'm happier, and want to do more than just hang out on the couch. I'm proud of myself for finishing each workout, and I know that I'm setting a positive example for my son (he loves to jump rope at the gym).



 src=


So, thanks Crossfit for helping me find a way to navigate the insanity of my life and feel better while doing it.

2 comments:

Connie Weiss said...

I am so proud of you for committing to exercise! I am trying to do this right now and I'm struggling. But I think I found a way....I set my iPhone alarm to wake me with Circus by Britney Spears and it wakes me right up and motivates me to get out of bed in the morning and do my workout!

Margaret said...

Way to go. It is great that you found an exercise program that you like so much.