Saturday, October 11, 2008

Frightful and delightful

Columbus Day weekend usually means one thing: a trip to visit Big Tex and all the fried deliciousness that is the Texas State fair. I mean how often can you try crispy fried cantaloupe pie, fried moon pies, fried cake on a stick, fried banana splits, and chicken fried bacon. But, the broken toe from yesterday has made a trip to the fair but a dream. Instead, I treated myself to the Hershey's dunkers from Pizza Hut while working on Halloween decorations :)


Paper Dolls for Boys had some creepy looking specimen jars. The young un and I tried our hand at a few creepy concoctions: src=


 src= src=



I found some unfinished frames at Hobby Lobby and always have plenty of scrapbook paper begging to be used:

 src=

 src=



Just a Girl had some fun (and glittery) Halloween inspiration. I didn't have the patience to do all the bones, so I just chose a skull:

 src=

 src=


I know I have more decorations somewhere in storage, but this is a start. I have one more project to finish up, but just can't seem to get it to turn out how exactly how I want. Maybe tomorrow I'll get it right...

2 comments:

Jessica said...

All your decor is so cute!

Saucy said...

I've got some major glittering to do to keep up with all of that crafting. I love the jars with stuff inside, I've been doing that too and will post this week! I never thought of adding coloured waterh, that's genius.