Monday, June 30, 2008

Peach Fest Day 1






 src=
Always a fun time going home for the Peach Festival...and this year started earlier than usual! I got up at 7:00 to get in line at the Tech dairy for the once a year phenomenon that is peach ice cream. And no, I was not the first in line.

 src=

So funny ice cream story--- the signs said there was a limit of 6 1/2 gallons per person. I'm standing there thinking wow, 61/2 gallons is a lot, but they only make it once a year, so I'll get the limit. Now supposedly the word "containers" was on the sign, meaning six 1/2 gallon containers, but I never saw that. I grabbed a crate of ice cream (8 containers) and started stacking more on. This lady that had arrived much later than me runs up and yells that I'm taking more than allowed. This starts a whole conversation about exactly what the sign says, the whole while people are coming in and grabbing ice cream. I did not stand in line for an hour and a half to watch peach ice cream sell out so I grabbed my containers wrapped in a beach towel and hightailed it away from this woman. They do not mess around during the Peach Festival!!




 src=

The rest of the day was spent perusing the sidewalk sales, visiting old friends and attending concert in the park. Local bands playing fun covers, and the weather actually cooled down (although the rain did have everyone worried for a bit). Ran into old friends and visited with others in town for the festivities until late in the night when mom and I decided to search for the peach treasure in the dark. It would have been a humorous event, if the stupid thing hadn't actually been found there the next day!
 src=

1 comment:

Deb said...

Hope you got to hear the music on Sat. Heard it was really good!