Friday, June 13, 2008

Leaving on a jet plane...

My bags are packed, I'm ready to go...

Leaving for San Jose today. First trip to California, so I'm pretty excited. A little nervous too, because Bob usually does the navigating, but this time I'm on my own. For those who have never tried to give me directions, I am somewhat challenged in that department. I rarely src= travel into downtown Austin by myself for fear that I'll end up somehwere off the beaten path and never return. However, Budget is prepared for people like me and has this fantastic GPS unit for the rental car. I may just make it. Plan is to drive down to meet the husband and experience the joys of working on the food truck for a few days in support of SCV. Hoping to get up to San Francisco for a Giants' game on Wednesday. I would love to add to my ballpark tour :)
If ever there was a time to get out of Texas, it's in the midst of our current heatwave. Day 27 of temps near 100. High in San Jose is mid 80s...hallelujah!

1 comment:

Deb said...

I am envious....an adventure. Have a great time and enjoy the weather and don't worry...you won't get lost....I have never been to Calif. I will be watching for your impressions.