Saturday, July 18, 2009

Six Word Saturday

I am too dependent on Twitter.

Seriously. I don't even remember the last time I watched the news (Colleen, pick your jaw up off the floor). I found out Michael Jackson died while tweeting about my Safeco field experience. I get my sports updates & scores while tweeting about my peeling forehead. I learned of Walter Kronkite passing amidst NKOTB webcast updates. If it can't be sent in 140 characters with butchered slang spelling, then it didn't happen. I feel like I live in this little bubble during the summer and have no idea what goes on outside of it. I feel like one of my 8th graders. Egads!



11 comments:

Call Me Cate said...

Yeah, I know what you mean. Twitter is quite the source of information (and misinformation).

Thanks for playing!

John Deere Mom said...

You are hilarious!

betty said...

just stopping by checking out all the 6-word Saturday entries; I'm on Twitter but I don't do much there; between blogging and working and family, etc., doesn't seem to be much time left some days

hope you have a good rest of the weekend

betty

Two Pretty Little Skirts said...

Trying not to get sucked in!

happy 6ws!
Dawn

Claudya Martinez said...

I'm afraid to go on Twitter because I'm already addicted to blogging. When would I have time to do anything else?

Christy said...

I refuse to twitter...as you know...but it did occur to me the other day that it could be an excellent way to teach summary to the kids. They know twitter, I'm sure, so telling them that they have to summarize something in 140 characters, including spaces, would certainly force them to summarize in a certain amount of space.

Becca said...

It sounds like I am as dependent on Perez Hilton as you are on twitter.

AudreyO said...

I'm a Facebook fan. I get a ton of my news from Facebook. when we recently had fires, I was updating Facebook like most people update Twitter.

monica said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! I haven't been able to get into twitter - maybe I am scared that I will be more addicted to that than blogging and that in itself takes a lot of time!! I do love facebook though. Hope you have a great rest of the weekend.

Carma Sez said...

Yes, it if far too easy to get sucked in! I must go follow you now :-)

Housewife Savant said...

This is hilarious.

I found out about MJ on facebook, so I understand. Totally.