Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Walking is bad for you

After a very rainy and dreary weekend, yesterday's sunshine & mild temps were too good to pass up. I grabbed the young un and we set off for a walk around our new neighborhood. Shoes laced, ipod on, and we were off.
The young un was a trooper and when his rip stick couldn't make it up the hill, he grabbed it and trotted along. He did have a few overly-dramatic-out-of-control-straight-into-the-lawn moments.
No worries though, he'd seen someone on TV do it (My $$ is on America's Funniest Home Videos)

Aside from a few playlist snafus (Mariah Carey's Dreamlover can ruin a good pace!) we made good time and distance for our first major cardio since November. That feel good high came to a crashing halt this morning when allergies put me in a full on headlock. All I could hear from the young un's room was coughing and croaking and I know that's all that was coming from mine too. Add to that the sinus pressure on my eyes and the scratchy throat and I could have been an extra in zombieland.Small children just ran from the room screaming. I couldn't hear them cause of all the pressure on my ears.

But once I get the allergies under control I'll be back out there. Not because I particularly want to, but because I particularly want these:

No comments: