Thursday, January 27, 2011

I'm still standing

Ever have one of those weeks where you think if I can just make it to Saturday, I can breathe again? Well, I've had one of those every week since the year started. First it was the post holiday undecorating/organizing, then it was work/school commitments, now it's girl's craft night/science fair, followed by next week's birthday party-palooza. I just keep ticking off the days and wondering when it will slow down again.
I feel like such a slacker, but I haven't blogged because I haven't stopped long enough to type more than 140 characters. And most of those are done from my phone. As I type this, there are brownies baking in the oven, the last few winter decorations sitting on the table waiting to be wrapped and put away, birthday party favors scattered across the floor and an almost finished science fair project board propped against the walls. And the washing machine just reminded me I have clothes to put in the dryer. ugh!
Add to that the current fiscal crisis facing the state of Texas-- particularly education-- and you've got a less than stellar week. DH and I are both just praying we make it out of this with our jobs (he's in fine arts, which is up on the chopping block, I'm technology, which is also on the chopping block) Today I'm just trying to get through to the next hour. I'll accomplish what I can (and put anything I can't in the garage). Sorry to be a Debbie Downer, but it's just been an all around crappy day.
On a positive note, I am well stocked with girl scout cookies, thanks to this kid chasing down the cookie wagon on his skateboard.

No comments: