Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A few more things

I am pretty sure that huge chunks of time are missing from my days. Because every time I look at the clock it's 1 A.M. and I'm just turning on the computer. I tried to finish up the teacher gifts tonight. I ran out of the clear blocks and went to three separate stores before locating them at Michael's in the dollar bin (score!). My kitchen table will be so happy when it's time to put away the mod podge.

I started decorating the tree at 8:30 with the young un cheerfully announcing each ornament and when he got. Just so you know, everyone is his favorite ;) So those of you who were thinking of reporting me to CPS for lack of Christmas Spirit can rest easy. It is done.

Life has been moving right along at warp speed lately and I haven't had time to post about my very first award! It's from Mikki over at Here's what let's do. The lemonade award... you know, like when life hands you lemons... I must say that lately my philosophy has been when life hands you lemons grab your spray adhesive, glitter and some ribbon to make a centerpiece. It's been a battle to remain positive at work and I have done everything within my power to make it fun for me (wonder twin powers with the teacher next door, my easy button, eating a whole plate of cake balls by myself),

 src=

So with that being said, here are the rules:



Put the logo on your blog or post.
Nominate at least 10 blogs which show great Attitude and/or Gratitude!
Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
Share the love and link to this post and to the person from whom you received your award.


I nominate:

Monica @ Monica's Musings

Tricia @ Fabulous since 1961

Colleen @ Anything but Nice

Kelly @ Fabulous K




Enjoy your awards!



Also, on Tuesday I got a lovely package in the mail from Michelle at Monkey's Mama. I won a giveaway on her blog for some gorgeous photo cards and a matted print. She is in a conundrum concerning a new blog layout, so stop by and help her out. You'll be back, I promise.

5 comments:

Columbia Lily said...

good for you!! I got one today too, but I will post tomorrow....stupid district and their stupid snow day policy deserves some attention. =)

Monkey's Momma said...

Thanks Julie, You're a sweetheart!

Just say Julie said...

CL- HAHA! You should write an to the weatherman. Tell him to make the prediction much worse!

MM- No problem. Blog makeovers are sooo much fun-once you make a decision of course!

Colleen said...

If chunks of time are missing from your day, then something is REALLY wrong with mine! You are so ridiculously productive in a day.
Thanks for the award...should I rename it "when life gives you a U-haul call..."?

Columbia Lily said...

left you something on the dark side...