Saturday, May 9, 2009

Six Word Saturday

Busy trying to reclaim my life.



It's been over a week since I posted. In that week I've given 2 TAKS test, worked concession duty, watched 3 little league games, sat through 4 practices, completed 4 crossfit WODs, dipped 3 dozen strawberries, attended 2 birthday parties, and finally, today, took off an afternoon to rest. Then returned to the ball park for a 6 inning nail biter that lasted till 9:45. Remind me when I get to do my stuff again?



I am counting down the days (17 if you're curious) till it's nothing but pool-side reading and popsicles. When I'm not fighting the morning commute to drop the young un off 2 blocks from school. When flip flops are de rigour and I don't have to wear a horrid picture ID around my neck. When the hours will be punctuated by a lifeguard whistle and not a school bell.



Oh summer, please take me away!

Join in the fun of Six Word Saturday:





P.S. Here's an update on my brother. So excited to see his progress.

5 comments:

Call Me Cate said...

Here's hoping the next 17 days fly by for you! I'm exhausted just reading your post. Hang in there! And thanks for participating!

Colleen said...

17 days?! That is NOTHING! You can totally do that...just keep thinking 170 are already behind you.

Yea!! for Marty, by the way

Day Scriber said...

I just read the article on your brother. What an amazing story and with such a happy ending!

Tricia said...

You ARE alive! I was getting worried and the remembered, "Oh yeah, she's a teacher."

John Deere Mom said...

Jeesh...I am exhausted just reading what you've bee doing!

We have 17 days left here too! WOO HOO!