Thursday, May 14, 2009

Mother's Day Fun

I got to spend Mother's Day with my two favorite fellas and one super delicious baseball boy. As is our "tradition" since we moved to Austin, Mother's Day is spent at the ballpark. Following a lovely breakfast in bed I got to lounge around until game time. Let me say that 2:05 is not the ideal game time, as sweating in those metal seatbacks is not as appealing as it sounds. But, sweat I did (and sun-burn too), all to see 7 innings of play by Colleen's future husband, Josh Hamilton.
Since it was all about the mom's that day, and it was sure to be some cheap fun, I talked one of my favorite mom friends into spending the afternoon right beside us. We even got roses (that did not hold up well in the heat!) as we entered the park.

 src=
I was a woman on a mission to get a picture of Mr. Hamilton, and a pinch on the butt, if I could get close enough :) Alas, the metal barrier prevented the pinch, but aren't we cute?
 src=
The Mr, never one to be outdone, also got a couple of autographs and his own prom picture with Josh. If you're not familiar with the amazing testimony of Josh Hamilton, he is quite an incredible guy. He signed autographs for every single person that waited outside of the locker room, all the while wrapped in ice packs. Thanks to him, we left all smiles.
 src=
What a great day, thanks guys!

3 comments:

Colleen said...

AHHHHH! Josh! MMMM! Let's be honest, even if you did not leave with an autograph, just seeing him makes you smile. Seriously...dreamy.

I should probably stop swooning since HIS WIFE and MOTHER OF HIS CHILDREN (not me) got a rose too. Oh well, there is always dinner with him this weekend.

Thanks for the shout out!

John Deere Mom said...

How fun is that?! Great pics!

Pseudonymous High School Teacher said...

Stopping by from Lily's link. Fun post and belated happy Mother's Day.