Thursday, November 20, 2008

life comes at you fast

My younger brother was injured in a head on collision yesterday morning while driving to school (he's a teacher). He was air-lifted to the nearest head and trauma hospital. He had to be cut out with the jaws of life. He has a bleed in his brain, a cracked vertebrae and a compound fracture in his leg. He is still in intensive care today. He is currently in surgery to repair his femur and try to stop the bleeding. I drove in to be with my family and friends and have a somewhat spotty internet connection. If you visit my blog, please keep us in your prayers.

7 comments:

Tricia said...

Oh, I am so sorry about your brothers injuries, I'll be parying for your family.

Colleen said...

Still thinking about yall. Let me know if you need anything more than prayers. (Those are not letting up anytime soon!)

Dr. Baby said...

Julie,

This is Jeananne from Ruston Jr. High and Quilters. I am no longer at RJHS. I have had Marty and your whole family in my thoughts and prayers since I heard about his accident. The last time I spoke with Marty and his wife at Lowes, I found out that your are living happyily and doing well in Austin.

Keep in touch. Thank God that Marty is doing better. We will keep lifting him up.

Keep in touch.

Jeananne

The Tylers said...

Please please know you and your family is being surrounded by many prayer warriors.

Meredith for the Davis' said...

Praying for healing for your brother and strength for your family and guidance for the doctors that are caring for him...I am a lurker on your blog quite regularly via Jessica's blog and when I saw her post just had to stop and lift Marty up and wanted you to know I am thinking of your family and friends...

Saucy said...

You are most certainly in our thoughts and prayers at this time. Thinking of all of you. Take care. I am off to hug my brothers today.

Just say Julie said...

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. It means so much to know that he is being lifted up, and the rest of my family as well. You all are awesome.